Monday, July 8, 2013

Strawberry Short-Cupcakes

Oh lordy I have been falling behind. But you know, life gets ya some times! I finally graduated from college! yay!! And I had my thesis show, Muted. (which you can view on my photography site, www.jessicanicolewhite.com ) and moved to Virginia, then to Florida...then back to Texas. So I have been a little bit busy, busy!! And now I am ready to start blogging again! Woo!!
Once I got back to Texas, of course I made some delicious cupcakes! They were so good! I also made some cookies, but I forgot to take pictures! (silly me!) But these are a semi-healthy cupcake, well compared to other cupcakes, they are Strawberry Shortcake! Angel food cake, filled with fresh strawberry puree and then topped with fresh whipped cream! They are a new favorite!
I can't wait to eat more of them *nomnomnom*

Recipe:
1 1/4 C. Flour
1 1/2 C. Sugar
12 large egg whites
1 1/2 teaspoon cream of tarter
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
~15 Strawberries
1 C. Heavy whipping cream
1 tsp. vanilla
1/2 C. powdered sugar

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Line cupcake pans with paper liners.
Place egg whites in a large mixing bowl and beat at high speed until egg whites are frothy, approximately 1 minute.
Add cream of tartar, salt and vanilla to egg whites.  Mix at high speed until egg whites are almost stiff, approximately 4 minutes.
Add 1 cup of sugar gradually while mixing on low speed.  Scrape bowl.
Mix flour and remaining 1/2 cup sugar together and spoon 1/4 of mixture over egg whites, folding gently between each addition.
Pour batter into cupcake liners until they are 2/3 full.  Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until tops are golden brown and cracks are very dry.
Cool cupcakes completely before removing from pan.

 To make the strawberry puree, rinse your berries, then process in a food processor or blender until they are nice and pureed! Using a knife, or apple corer, take a small amount of cake out of your angel food cupcakes, and fill with some fresh strawberry puree.

To make the topping, take the heavy whipping cream and put it in a stand mixer fixed with the whisk attachment. Whip on high speed until stiff speaks form. Add in the vanilla and powdered sugar and mix just until incorporated. Frost your cupcakes and enjoy!
<3luvyerguts<3 N&A

0 comments:

Post a Comment