Monday, August 1, 2011

Reese's Cup Cupcakes

So for my first post (this would be Nikki :D ), I am going to show you guys one of my favorite cupcakes, and this is one of the most chosen by friends for their birthday cupcakes! I don't know how many different recipes I've used for this but I finally came up with my own perfect chocolate cake! These delish cupcakes are simple and delicious! Chocolate cake with a peanut butter filling and a yummy peanut butter buttercream! To start with, the first time I made these I didn't fill them with peanut butter =( it was a sad decision on my part! but I learned my lesson. The more delicious peanut butter the better!! I'm like the Paula Dean of peanut butter, you can always use more!! ;)
These are soooo super easy to make. I mean, who hasn't made buckeyes before?!? All the filling is in these yummy concoctions are the buckeyes without the chocolate coating, and instead a coating of chocolate cupcake!!! Soooo much better than just plain old chocolate, don't ya'll think!?! :)




Ingredients for Peanut Butter Filling:
1 cup Confectioner's Sugar
3/4 cup Creamy Peanut Butter
6 tbsp. Softened Unsalted Butter
1 tsp. Vanilla Extract

Ingredients for Chocolate Cake:
21/2 cups Sugar
1¾ cups All-Purpose Flour
¾ cup plus 1 tbsp. Cocoa Powder
1½ tsp. Baking Powder
1½ tsp. Baking Soda
1 tsp. Salt
2 Large Eggs
1 cup Whole Milk
½ cup Vegetable Oil
2 tsp. Vanilla Extract
  3/4 cup Boiling Water

Ingredients for Peanut Butter Frosting:
1 cup Creamy Peanut Butter
1/2 cup Unsalted Butter
11/2 cups Powdered Sugar
3-4 tbsp. Heavy Cream
1 tsp. Vanilla Extract

Instructions:
To make the peanut butter filling, cream your peanut butter and butter in a stand mixer until they are nice and smooth and there are no lumps of butter left. Gradually add in the powdered sugar until the mix is a medium-thick consistency. Add the vanilla, just until it is incorporated. Use a mini ice-cream scoop or a tablespoon to scoop out the peanut butter and form balls, about 1-inch in diameter. Set these on a cookie sheet and set aside.
For the chocolate cake, sift together the flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a medium bowl and set aside. (I usually just whisk together since sifting always hurts my hands! it works just as well!) Blend the eggs, whole milk, vegetable oil, and vanilla extract just until incorporated. Slowly add the dry ingredients to this wet-mixture. Mix at low speed until it is all incorporated and then mix at high speed for 2 minutes. Add the boiling water, the batter will be pretty thin! 
Fill your cupcake liners about 3/4 full. I use a ice-cream scooper, it makes life so much easier and less messy!! Bake at 350° F for about 18-20 minutes, or until a cake tester/toothpick comes out clean! Let the cupcakes cool completely before frosting!
To make the peanut butter frosting, cream the peanut butter and butter until it is all smooth. Then slowly add the confectioner's sugar. Add the heavy cream and then turn your mixer on high and let it fluff up for about 3-5 minutes, depending on how fluffy you want your icing! I usually do about 3 minutes. After its fluffy, blend in the vanilla extract! 
Frost your yummy cupcakes with as much frosting as you want. I use the Large Star tip to decorate mine! I LOVE my frosting!! And top with a mini Reese's Cup! Unless of course, you're like me and eat them all from the bag before the cupcakes finish.... *drools* peanut buttery deliciousness..... :o

Loveyerguts<3
A&N

0 comments:

Post a Comment